Hostel Suomenlinna organizes high-quality Camp Schools that support primary school targets in unique surroundings. Hostel offers accommodation and other services for individual guests and groups in order to finance the Camp School activity.
Location in a Unesco World Heritage site, in the beautiful Finnish archipelago just 15 minutes from the city center creates frames for unique experiences. It is easy, safe, affordable and reliable for teachers to organize Camp Schools in Hostel Suomenlinna. All services and activities are based on the values and strategic goals of Finnish Camp School association and they are developed continually.
The vision of Hostel Suomenlinna is to be financially, ecologically and socially sustainable and to be a trusted and respected organization.
values behind our operations
Individual and equal
Hostel Suomenlinna is a discrimination free zone.
Guests are encoutered and served as equal individuals. No form of discrimination is accepted.
Wishes and needs of guests are heard and taken into account as well as possible.
Guest feedback is the basis for continuous development of operations.
Flexible and laid back
Enjoyment and a good customer experience are provided by a happy and flexible staff.
Creating a laid back atmosphere is an important element in Hostel Suomenlinna.
The Sustainable Development Plan is updated annually. All dimensions (economic, social & enviromental)
of sustainable development are constantly being pursued and developed.
Finnish Camp School Association
Hostel Suomenlinna is run by the Finnish camp school Association.
The Association implements and develops Camp School activities and other outdoor education.
The Vision is that every child takes part in a Camp School during primary school regardless of wealth.
- Development of outdoor education and Camp School activities
- Informing about topical issues in the field. Publishment of "Camp School" -magazine and important news on web page
- Organizing education for teachers, members and youth work professionals
- Development of nordic cooperation. The association keeps close contact with its Nordic sister organizations
- Development of nationwide projects
- Work for sustainable development and enviromental education
By using our services you support the development of Camp schools.
It is important for us to take care of our environment through our choices and practices. For us, sustainable development is more than just recycling - it is the basis for all activities. We pay attention to the environmental, social and economic dimensions of sustainability in our daily choices. We make a sustainable development plan and monitor the achievement of goals annually. We re proudly HI-Q&S sertified.
Examples of our sustainable choices:
- We sort our garbage and enable it for our guests as well
- All our animal based food product are domestic and if possible organic
- We serve vegetarian and vegan dishes for groups regularly
- We only offer fair trade products if possible (coffee, tea, etc.)
- We use renewable Eco-Energy certified by the Finnish Association for Nature Conservation
- We have a paperless office and we print two-sided
- Our whole staff is involved in development and we emphasize teamwork
- We arrange recreation days regurarly and plan our work shifts eqully
- We often offer jobs after an internship or civilian service. For us, every employee is valuable.
At Hostel Suomenlinna we welcome you as you are.
We understand and accept every human being for being different, for being themselves. We are proud to be part of We Speak Gay -community.