Our vision is to create high-quality Camp schools, that develop social skills and independent fact-finding.
Our camp school programs support goals in school teaching and participation in a unique environment.
Our location in a historical world heritage site just a 15 minutes ferry trip from the capital in the peaceful archipelago creates a framewok for unforgettable Camp school experiences.
Organizing a Camp school or other youth activities in Hostel Suomenlinna is easy, safe and affordable.
Our programs and services are constantly being developed to be able to meet diverse demands with high quality and reliability.
The affordable prices for Camp schools and youth camps are enabled by the Hostel and meeting services.
Our dream is to succesfully compound the needs and expectations of our different guests and to be able to finance our services with our own income on a long term basis.
Sustainable business ables us to create unforgettable Camp school experiences.
- customer orientation
- values of youth law
At Hostel Suomenlinna we try to keep away from rigid principles and to answer our guests diverse needs flexibly and individually.
Good humor and a laid back atmosphere are important for us to build a creative and supportive work environment and customer satisfaction.
We try to focus on the essential and develop our services systematically.
Working with youth groups we also focus on team spirit and cooperation skills.
Close cooperation with teachers is a very important part of our youth work.
The Organization for Outdoor Education in Finland
Hostel Suomenlinna is owned and operated by the Organization for Outdoor Education in Finland (Suomen leirikouluyhdistys – Lägerskolföreningen i Finland ry) The non-profit association has been operating in Finland since 1975 in two languages; Finnish and Swedish.
Our goal is to:
- spread the idea of Camp schools in Finland
- expand and develop Camp school activities
- develop and educate teachers that work with Camp Schools
- engage nordic cooperation
- give expert assistance
By using our services you support the quality and development of Camp schools.
It is important for us to take the environment in concern in our choices and operations.
At the Hostel we:
- recycle (metal, bio, glass, paper, cardboard, hazardous waste) and encourage our customers to recycle in our two well marked recycling points.
- print two-sidedly and avoid unnecessary printing
- shut unnecessary lights and encourage our customers aswell
- only use eco friendly detergendts (ecolab)
- only use eco friendly hand- and toilet paper
- only use certified renewable energy
- only offer fair trade coffee and when it`` s possible only fair trade tea & honey etc. as well
- only serve domestic meat products and MSC-certified fish products
- update our sustainable development plan every year
- familiarize our employees carefully in our sustainable principles and practices
- don´t change the beddings every day (only when the customer changes)